Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick: Juicy Melons and Nude Beach


This is going to be a review of my current favorite lipstick.

Some background information about myself:
I have the most sensitive/dry lips. Almost every single lipsticks I've tried dried up my lips. Even the supposedly moisturizing Revlon Lip Butter just ended up sucking the moisture out of my lips :(
Therefore my perfect lipstick formula will be one that is super creamy and hydrating, has good colour payoff and it doesn't need to be especially long-wearing, 2-3hrs wear is good enough for me.

I've read reviews that compared the La Creme to YSL Rouge Volupte, and apparently people find them to be quite similar.

The description on Sephora's Website looks rather promising as well.
'La  Creme lipstick is a rich and creamy lip color infused with moisturizing and strengthening benefits.
Indulge lips with luxurious color and super moisturizers including white lotus flower and power peptides. This rich formula comes in abundant shades in four essential color ranges: nudes, spices, pinks, and reds.'


It's not a cheap lipstick and I had been holding back for a few months before finally caving in when I had member discounts at Sephora. My first purchase was Juicy Melons, and I went back again to get Nude Beach because I ended up loving Juicy Melons :)

Juicy Melons (pinks): Pinky coral shade. It's definitely more pink than coral. Because of the coral in it, it's very wearable on people with yellow undertones aka me. 
Nude Beach (nude): Nude Pink. After swatching all the 4 nudes from the line, I find that this is the best nude for my skin tone. This shade is actually pretty similar to my actual lip colour, it tones down the redness in my lips a little, but doesn't make me look dead.


Price:
About S$29 at Sephora. I can't really remember the exact price since I got both on discount.
Texture:
Creamy and smooth with slight glossy sheen
Swatches:




Packaging:
The La Creme lipstick is packaged in a luxurious looking gold aluminium tube. It feels sturdy enough and has a good weight to it. I like that it's quite slim, so it doesn't take up too much space in my pouch.




Smell:
Sugary lemon smell which I like! Fades away after awhile.

What I like:
  • Versatility. Can be applied on sheerly, and can also be built up to med coverage.
  • Slight glossy finish. I definitely prefer my lips to have a slight glossy sheen to a total matte finish. I find that Nude Beach is slight glossier than Juicy Melons.
  • Hydration. Compared to some of my old lipsticks, this stuff really does feel more hydrating and less drying. I find Juicy Melons to be slightly more hydrating than Nude Beach.
  • Smooth application. Both lipsticks are easy and smooth to apply. Nude Beach is slightly streaky, and might settle on dry lines. I find that always happens to light/nude colored lipstick, but adding on 1-2 more layers will solve the problem.

What can be improved:
  • Even though the formulation is one of the most hydrating lipsticks I've tried, I find that I do get the occasional dry lips now and then. But I think my lips are just too sensitive and picky.
  • I would say I'm satisfied with the longevity of Juicy Melons (2-2.5 hours). Nude Beach doesn't really last on me. I would say the lasting power is around an hour, which is a pity because I really like the colour. I think that's partly because the formula of Nude Beach is slightly glossier and more slippery. Overall, nudes just doesn't stain the lips as well as brighter colours.

Comparison between Juicy Melons and Nude Beach:
The actual colour aside, I find Juicy Melons to have more coverage, higher staying power, more hydrating, and less glossy compared to Nude Beach.

My favorite of the 2 is definitely Juicy Melons because it brightens up my complexion, it's more hydrating and it has better staying power. As much as I love Juicy Melons, I find that I prefer how it looks in pictures more than in real life. Somehow in pictures, the coral/orange tone shows up better and I really like that! Anyway, this is my first foray into pinky coral lipstick (I'm usually more of a light pink/nude pink person) and I think coral really suits me! Glad that I got out of my comfort zone and tried something new!

Ingredients:

Juicy Melons
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vegetable Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Polyethylene, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla), Triisostearyl Citrate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Flavor (Aroma), Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phenoxyethanol, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Nude Beach
Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Vegetable Oil, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla),Isostearyl Isostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Flavor (Aroma), Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phenoxyethanol, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar