Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My travels in photos - New Zealand

IMG_9014
IMG_8851
IMG_8860
IMG_8889
IMG_8897
IMG_8890
IMG_8903
IMG_8912
IMG_8955
IMG_8959
IMG_9005
IMG_8966
IMG_8995
IMG_9026
IMG_9204
IMG_9198
IMG_9128
IMG_9055
IMG_9073
IMG_9079

Rob has always said to me that New Zealand is the most beautiful place on earth and I would fall in love with it in an instant. Looking back at my photos and reminiscing about that first sunrise we saw and the sight of those endless white beaches, I have to say that I completely agree with him. Our stay was but a whistle-stop tour of the South Island, starting our journey at Chirstchurch, travelling east along the winding coastal roads cutting through the snow-topped mountains and visiting Kaikoura, Blenheim, Nelson and Kaiteriteri en route. We then headed south down to Franz Josef for an incredible helicopter flight over the glaciers before ending up in Queenstown which was one of my favourite places of the whole trip. With only ten days and a whole island to navigate round, it is fair to say that we did a fair bit of driving but funnily enough, some of my most treasured memories are travelling on from place to place, windows down and singing Fleetwood Mac at the top of our voices!

It is hard to say what makes New Zealand such a special country to visit. I don't know if it was the deserted beaches or the coiling mountain roads that take you for miles through the most breathtaking scenery. Maybe it was untouched countryside, the friendliness of every person we met, or just the fact that I got to hang with my favourite animals, some delightful alpacas. Whatever it was, I have been totally captivated by the place and know that we shall both be returning soon.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar