Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

UDPP Noob Turn Pro!

http://positivelynice.blogspot.com/2010/04/eotd-review-of-elf-brightening-eye.htmlSo the story goes that world renowned eyeshadow base, Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP) finally buzzed into the sunny port of Singapore, together with the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette for the movie with the same name, Alice in Wonderland, with the help of Sephora.

Beauty junkies pretty much went crazy over UDPP, and the palette, with talks of the unconventional brand still not dying down, and people wanting to try other things from them, like the lipsticks and liners.

The big question, what is with the UDPP? Is it over hyped in the West? Even if it's not, is it worth budget-ers saving for? What is the winning factor that makes this an investment?

UDPP unfolds below:

Urban Decay Primer Potion (in Sin/ Champagne Colour)


Available: Sephora $32

Volume: 10ml / 0.34 US fl. oz.

Star Properties: 2-in-1 beauty miracle that gives you gorgeous colour AND the staying power of UD #1 selling product, the Eyeshadow Primer Potion (original). Used alone, Sin is a crease-proof shimmering champagne shadow, but used before any shadow, it becomes a high-powered Eyeshadow magnet. Expect vibrant colour that lasts all day, a touch of added sheen, and no creasing! Beauty with an edge!

Ingredients: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxycholoride).

No animal testing, cruelty-free and use within 6 months from opening.

PS: Phew, trying to type ingredients from that reflective UDPP paperback is an eye-strain. :PPP And omg, I found out that they are very open about it, and have it on the website, which I have linked above! Silly me.


Packaging
Like all higher end products, this comes in a plastic box that covers a paper back with the description and ingredients printed on it, and a plastic tray molded to fit the shape of the potion vial exactly.

Plastic Box, at the back is the paper with description and ingredients printed on it.

Nice and privileged as it looks, I actually don't really like it. =( It reminds me of all that Japanese food that comes in superb packaging but will be thrown away immediately after unpacking. It helps that Japan has the culture of recycling. But that's not the point. Can't we just abstain from it right from the beginning?

I wouldn't mind using a good primer potion even if it comes in some clear tube lip gloss thing like L'oreal Glam Shine. Hate to throw that away, but I use the UDPP everyday, there is really no point in putting it back into the box after every use. It's a hassle to carry the vial in the box when doing makeup outside too. Sigh.

The vial is as pretty and good to touch as you can imagine from the images. The sort of hourglass figures sits right into your hands. Size is just right for a makeup pouch too.

Padfoot Sponge Applicator + Angled Wand
The padfoot shaped brush gets just enough potion to go on my entire lid, so I don't have to re-dip, which is bad for stuff like these, since it introduces oxygen bubbles inside, accelerating liquid degradation, and drying up, just like mascaras. So try not to pump it in also, just gently slide your wand back, following the angle.

Talking about the angled wand, it makes it easier to dab the potion on without staining the other parts of my face since I am quite clumsy, and can get mascara on my nose bridge when in a hurry. haha.

Padfoot applicator and angled-wand. Can see the potion right up to the neck of the wand. Still very full. =)

Colour
I love the colour. The champagne has pink undertones, but it goes well with my yellow skin too. And it's such the most eye-popping bright-shining colour ever! I have been putting this on alone, or using it under neutral shadows (which works like a charm), and basically every thing else. The quality of the colour makes it so good for every day quick quick pick my face up. Very good for people who always have to dash out of the door. I even did this on the mrt once, because all you need is your fingers and a mirror, then just smooth it along up to the crease where you can feel the eye socket.

The champagne colour with pinkish tones.

PS: Do it fast! One eye at a time, because this thing is slightly stick and dries up in an instant!

Smell
Okay, it has a weird chemical smell. But I am forgiving it because I like it so much.

Vibrant Colours
Here you go, real life proof of the difference it makes to your shadows. I purposely used a low end brand (which is e.l.f as reviewed here), so that I'd be fair. MUFE can produce this effect singularly. M.A.C and Smashbox are still a teeny bit behind when it comes to sheen.

UDPP noob turn pro, Top: Without UDPP, Bottom: With UDPP (a lot more defined, and brighter).

Which is why I say, "UDPP Noob Turn Pro!" With this magical potion, you no longer really need top grade powders to get vibrant, long-lasting colours. Everything just looks so good with this.

Long-lasting
As it claims, this potion makes my shadows stay for more than 12 hours. I recently picked up an organic eyeshadow, and it was full of oil stuff, as organic always is. When used alone, it falls off within 3 hours even on my dry lids, faster than Silkygirl. But when I used UDPP, it lasted me from morning till night. Amazing thing. I know it's quite stupid to use this silicone-filled potion with organic. But well, I already bought it. (It stays very well on my hand, but I have no idea why it falls so fast from my lids.)

Price
I feel that this is really not that expensive when I consider not so powerful things, like a L'oreal mascara or Majolica eyeshadow palette. I mean, seriously, $27 for sheer shadows vs $32 for long-wear, eye-pop and vibrancy, I'd pay a bit more, give up an extra lippie or palette from drugstore and get this.

I feel this is really worth scrimping on other things and saving up for, since it's multi-purpose. No point getting all the Silkygirl colours, but all of them turning up dull and falling.


Rating: 5/5
Must-have for good makeup. It's really all I need to look like a pro at eye makeup when I really am a noob at that. haha.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar