Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Layered Season








It's a wintry grey day here in the Land of Enchantment, as New Mexico is known. It's almost always sunny, but it makes everything feel more festive for the time being.




We have begun the first layer of trimmings. Being away from home for awhile has me hugging my own things a little harder than usual.




The mantel looks pretty with all the candles lit even in the daytime, but I wanted to see it in natural light through the camera lens. Not quite enough up there for me yet!

























The little white tree has been put up. I like how little space it takes. I love fresh greens but haven't ventured out for any yet. It's early for that, but I like to freshen them up a couple of times throughout the season. 




I enjoy the simplicity of a single wreath on the cupboard doors, but have layered up my linens on the table nearby. (This is where my new lacy tablecloth ended up for a spell.)




The tabletop will change regularly for the next few weeks.






The small transferware platter that I chose feels Christmasy to me. A shame to cover it up with goodies!





Five layers here, from a thick cover underneath, to a plain ivory grain sack on top of the large monogrammed linen.





Starting off with plain white vanilla dishes for everything!





 A wreath. . . . A tree. . . .
If I broke my leg tomorrow I would feel already decorated for the holidays and not worry about it!
 (Knock on wood!!) 








I hope it's all falling in place for you too. . . .

Thanks so much for coming by for a peek!
(How can it already be Thursday???)

Jacqueline


Join me at

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar