Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Day Nine : Happiness is

A Cooling Dip At The End Of A Busy Day


Couldn’t let this prompt go by without a blog post. What an emotive subject and so different for each of us I guess. I’m sure scrolling through my IG feed later will give me an array of different aspects of 'happiness'.

Selecting a photo or photos is certainly tricky. Yes I’m a very lucky woman with many aspects of my life giving me happiness. What to choose will depend on the day I suspect.
So often that happy feeling can be stimulated by a simple fleeting moment. As I type, still sitting in bed, it’s the rain pattering against the window. A few months ago that same sound would have been a source of irritation. ' Not rain again!'  Today it means the garden is getting a much needed drink, definitely filling me with happiness.


Yesterday it was seeing happy children’s faces kneading dough, at a bread making workshop I was helping to run. Their squeals of delight as they prodded and pulled at that elastic lump of dough was delightful. Happy smiles all round.

Later today that sense of happiness will come from a quick dip in the sea. The forecast is due to improve by high tide and no doubt I will be glad of a cool down after a busy day.

A Chance Sighting Of A Jersey Tiger Moth In The Garden On A Wander Around

Oyster Catchers Spotted On A Late Evening Walk

A Glorious Sunset

Thinking about all aspects in my life that provoke happiness, there is one overriding connection. None of them involve money. They are all simple moments: sitting down to dinner with the family, hearing my cats purring, curled up with a good book by the log fire, wandering around the garden appreciating what’s growing or flitting around, walking along the beach. Much to be happy about.

Happiness generally appears when I stop what I’m doing and think in the moment. Retirement has certainly promoted those moments. Time is key and having plenty of it.

So how about you? Happiness is............


Barbara xxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar