I have previously mentioned my involvement with a wonderful project in Cambrigeshire called
Vital Communities. As a result of one of the Vital Communities residencies by writer Gillian McClure and artist John Wiltshire at Fawcett Primary School in Cambridge, a beautiful little book has been published. The story of The Wishing Eel and the accompanying illustrations has been created entirely by the pupils of Fawcett Primary School.

My involvement began when I was asked to make a "Wishing Eel" to be part of the book promotion and as a result the following "sock eel" was created!


In reality he is rather reminiscent of one of those 1970s style draught excluders but apparently has been well received by the children on his book tour!

But when Cambridge University Press decided to feature The Wishing Eel as a window display in their Cambrige shop, I was asked to make another eel that looked more like one of the illustrations in the book.

So this is eel version two.

I just wish he didn't look quite so sad!

or just plain darn scared!

It is a lovely story, with beautiful illustrations and would make a great stocking filler for young children. Only £4.99 ISBN 978-0-9560205-0-5 and available soon from Amazon!
***
On a completely different note, the cut back in commitments has allowed for some creativity in the kitchen this weekend.... sun dried tomato foccacia

Spicy carrot and parsnip soup

and cranberry and macademia nut cookies!
(which are nearly all gone)

Off to make a sticky toffee bread and butter pudding now!
0 Yorumlar