Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

To Watch or not to Watch.

That is the question and I have changed my mind several times during the course of the day.   Perhaps the best course is to switch on at eight this evening and see how long I can stand it for.   And is it really necessary when it is obvious what the end 'product' is going to be.     Like it or not then I expect Boris will be the new P M - and will he do a good job or won't he?   Time will tell.

I don't suppose the poor folk of Wainfleet, up to their eyes in water and more forecast with heavy thunderstorms in the offing, could care less about the debate tonight.   Things like intense flooding with rivers bursting their banks and having to move out of one's home and all furniture ruined tend to drive other things out of the mind.

The trouble with much of Lincolnshire (my home county) is that so much of it once you get to the fens is reclaimed land and so low lying that it easily floods.   I do remember the River Witham flooding once when I was a child.   We lived one field away from the river and the water crept gradually across the field, through the hedge and then about half way up our large back garden and there it came to a standstill and began to recede.  Nobody's house in our village was flooded because no houses had been built on land which might flood.   But I suspect that in Wainfleet there is no such land.

So let's keep our fingers crossed that tomorrow the storms miss Wainfleet as they work their way across and up the country - they can do without any more rain.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar