Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kuumba White Ginger & Arabian Rose Fragrance Oils

Naturaleza - Danit (Mose Edit)

Firstly, I liked to make it know that I blind-bought both scents online to make up for free-shipping in my basket. Yeah, I know ... Anyway, White Ginger and Arabian Rose sounded like a pair of sumptuously scented oils to refresh and update my perfume collection. White Ginger was my wild card as I never had a main note of "ginger" in a fragrance and Arabian Rose seemed like something I would naturally get on well with since I have a penchant for rose scents.

I ordered both perfume oils from Holistic Shop which in laywoman terms is a UK based shop with every "woo woo" thing you can imagine. From crystals to incense, to books and all types of cards (divinatory), candles, jewelry, CD's (yes people still make CD's), etc. My first experience shopping with the company has been fantastic as I literally received my order the very next day! (and no I didn't order next day shipping). My items were well wrapped and my perfume oils had no faults or damage. I would definitely recommend the company if you're looking for any "woo woo" of your own.

3.7ml £10.66

Kuumba White Ginger

White Ginger has as a very soft ginger smell that is so unnoticeable, you might have to search for it. However, what I do notice is a very mild but sweet marshmallow scent with fresh pear or apple, which makes it a very comfortable and cozy scent. This fragrance makes me think of lazy grey skies on a childlike boat set to sail the sea just because ... There's something "seaside" about this scent. 

Although, I don't necessarily like to peg age ranges on scent - I'd say this hits me as quite middle-aged but also early teens (?) - a retiree who has found solace in the quiet coastal shore with quaint village tea shops, and the first exploration in parentally approved perfumes. It's the scent of walking the dog out on an empty beach wrapped in a grey shawl on an icy clear skied morning. It's peaceful, it's quiet and there's a safe retiring beauty to it that makes me think of herbal teas, warm yellow light, and knowing that you're completely able to be at peace. I think it's a great scent for those who aren't trying to "wow" with their fragrances and just want a scent that compliments them rather than one which garners the world's compliments. 

"The slightly sweet, spicy scent of white ginger flowers awakens the senses. This delicate fragrance sings of warm, fresh, flower-filled Polynesian gardens." - described by Kuumba.  

"A sweet, delicate, and spicy scent with notes of orange flower, rose, vanilla and ginger. This fragrance can awaken the senses and they say is reminiscent of a flower-filled fresh Polynesian Garden." - described by Holistic Shop

    Since purchasing this scent, I have been using it non-stop and it definitely lasts a long while. Despite only applying it on my wrist and neck, it has a good projection range for such a small product and I can still find remnants of it on my clothing well after using it. Overall, whilst it's not a fragrance I'd initially gravitate towards, I am enjoying and currently, it is my go-to.

    Sample Size £3.34

    Arabian Rose

    Arabian Rose needs no introduction its smells like an Arabic rose - spicy and strong. This makes me think of deep red roses drying out in the scorching golden sand. It's not a complex fragrance but that doesn't mean it can't be beautiful. This is the type of fragrance that could complement a romantic evening that could last a lifetime. A scent of intoxicating love drunkenness.

    "Traditional rose; strong and sweet. Wrap yourself in the rich, velvety warmth of the Queen of Flowers. A deeply relaxing and sensuous fragrance beloved for centuries." - described by Kuumba.

    "This has a traditional rose smell, strong and sweet. Deeply relaxing and sensuous, this fragrance has been beloved for centuries. Wrap yourself in the velvety rich warmth of the Queen of Flowers". - described by Holistic Shop.

      I checked what the Fragranticans (members of Fragrantica) said about the Fragrance and Arabian Rose has been likened to Tea Rose Parfum. Whilst I haven't tried Tea Rose Parfum I have bought and finished Tea Rose EDT and this does share strong similarities to Kummba's Arabian Rose. Yet, the fragrance oil is much more ferocious than the watery Tea Rose EDT. A little dab on the wrist goes a long way as its quite heady and intoxicating. In fact, too much can make this scent a little too cloying and headache-inducing for me (kinda like the effect of Red Rose by Al-Rehab) but in the right places (collarbone/neck under a shirt) the fragrance is mesmerisingly gentle, comforting, and sensual for only those who matter - and not the whole bus stop, street, city/town/village/upper northern hemisphere, etc. 

      End Thoughts: I like both scents. White Ginger is a fragrance that's really calming and I think it's suitable for most if not all occasions. Now whilst I do like Arabian Rose I'd opt to wear it for more special moments considering its only a sample size and I find using less makes it more smell more beautiful on the skin. 

      Ingredients: Jojoba Oil & Fragrance.

      Kuumba fragrances can be bought at various online retailers (like the holistic shop) or directly from Kuumba in the USA (it's cheaper for US residents). 


      Have you tried any Kuumba scents?

      Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

      Take Care, Keep Safe & Stay Blessed

      Yorum Gönder

      0 Yorumlar